Monday 26 March 2012

Week 4, Day 1

So despite my best efforts to maintain the Rushfit, my eating was bad last week and having thought about some of the sessions, I feel that I might not have really given it my all.

Now yes, I had other things to worry about. But my initial buzz that I kept it up despite packing and moving and being a bit out of whack soon disappeared when I thought about it realised I am not feeling the post gym burn that I had been getting in the first few weeks. I toyed with upping my level to intermediate, and then I decided that mid programme that would be a bad idea.

But something's got to give for this to work.

In the past week I have been on the booze 4 nights out of 7 and fair enough, not like before Rushfit, but in a measured way where I might drink 2 or 3 drinks and call it a night. That mixed with not achieving my calorie count, eating too many carbs and generally disappointing myself and wasting all that effort has made me think of how I can do better this week!

So here is the plan..... This is the week of the improvement, I have dug out the nutrition guide again. And as for the workouts, I don't have the stamina to go to intermediate and my arm is too sore... so I am going to compromise.

Today was the start of week 4... some more fight conditioning. But this time I  was doubling up on sprawls and using 1kg dumbells when throwing punches to increase the effectiveness of the movement.

That as well as doubling up on the squats and plank calanetics that occurs in between rounds.

So tomorrow we have cardio again and as I am nearing the half way point, I am really starting to get excited about achieving the 8 weeks of rushfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment