Tuesday 6 March 2012

Day 1 - Strength and Endurance DVD

Monday... 2.30 am.... Can't sleep.

Monday 7 am.... time to go to work, YAWN! 

Monday 5 pm... RushFit Time.

I have been yawing all day, feeling exhausted, achey back etc, just plain tired. I cannot be bothered with this at all, but I have changed my Facebook profile picture to the version of myself that I want to return to and I am, at this stage, determined  this into action. 

Breakfast: Smoothie (Banana, Black berries, Blueberries, skimmed milk)
Snack: Bran flakes with strawberries
Lunch (3 hours before workout): Chicken with assorted salad.
Dinner (2 hours after workout): Chicken, broccoli, runner beans and potatoes
RushFit fail: Half bottle of Chablis with dinner and 2 chocolate chip cookies.   

I watched the DVD last night, so I knew what to expect. There is a bit of me that thinks if GSP is in pain I am going to die with this, and I am not being funny, but a Pop Up? I don't even know where to start with that one. 

I converted the DVD to a .avi file so I could transfer the DVD to my phone mainly because I find it difficult to get motivated when I am back in the house after a long day at work and I felt a bit silly doing it in my house, with my excessively fit flatmate and his gorgeous actress girlfriend wandering about. 

But I head upstairs to our small but convenient work gym and get underway. 

Warm up, was okay, it did what it said it would. 

Round 1: Best bit - Back Extension / Worst Bit - Iso Squat
Round 2: Best bit - Air Squats / Worst Bit - Burpees (also known as the Devils exercise)
Round 3: Best bit - Bent over rowey thing / Worst Bit - Repeating the whole set! 
Round 4: Best bit - Single arm swing / Worst bit - Around the World (tricky technique)
Round 5: Best bit - THIS IS THE LAST ROUND!!! Worst bit - Can't even remember I was so exhausted!

Cool down.

Thank goodness that is over, my fingers are trembling, and I don't really have the inclination to move. It is physically strenuous to get out of my work out clothes and into the shower, but wow did that hot water feel absolutely amazing. I finally manage to pull myself together and shuffle off to a friends house to recover with a glass of Chablis and some great company. 

When I get home and crawl into bed, my whole body felt something, I am not sure what, maybe activated or something. My boyfriend called to say goodnight and I was so exhausted, I fell asleep mid conversation. But after that I had the best sleep I have had in ages! 

Bring on Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment