Friday 9 March 2012

Day 5 - Early morning work out!

This morning was probably the first time I have ever started a workout before 11am. Everyone who knows me knows I am not a morning person, but in order to stay committed to Rushfit, I had no choice but to get up early and do the workout before work instead of at the end of the day. This meant getting up at 6 instead of half 8 and I was concerned that today would be the day that I failed in my Rushfit Challenge. Needless to say that my workmates were somewhat bamboozled by my appearance in the office before 9.30am as well.

I was daunted to say the least when I saw the very specific footwork and impressive coordination that GSP and co demonstrated in the DVD last night and thought I was going to have a miserable time trying to keep up. I watched the foundation moves section last night too and although I am glad I did, it didn't help that much and I am happy to concede that this might take a bit of work! But who cares, it was really good fun!

Instead of worrying about being exhausted in the middle of round two I was concentrating so hard on where the hell my feet and arms were going and what leg was kicking in what direction that I didn't really notice that I was absolutely exhausted!

The last bit of the workout involves crawling about in circles on your hands and feet doing half and full rotations to be either face up or face down. It looked impossible but to my delight and mild exhaustion I actually managed that too! Rushfit Day 5... take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment