Wednesday 18 April 2012

Week 6

Well as I get closer to the end of the 8 (okay 9) week challenge of becoming 'rushfit' I feel like its not gone all that well.

On Monday of this week, I was due to complete the Fight Conditioning workout but because of work and availability of space, I was forced to swap it up and do Cardio instead. Then... during my high intensity cycle, hit my knee off the corner of the bike and really hurt it. So then I had to swap Wednesday's day off with Tuesday and now I am planning on doing the fight conditioning workout tonight.

Between this and the tendonitis catastrophe and having to repeat a week I feel like I have lost the momentum.

Although the workouts are doing a great job in tightening up my arms and legs, I am not feeling like the core work is really having that great an effect my abs or back and have decided to swap out the straight up / sit ups for another type of crunch that will be more effective.

Maybe I started at a level that wasn't good enough to do the moves in the correct way and while I do feel fitter I certainly don't feel like I have achieved 2/3's of the rushfit goal.

The diet that I have been following has been a little hit and miss but overall my calorie intake has been significantly lower than that recommended by the rushfit nutrition plan. Although I have not followed the timings of the meals as well as I would have liked.

But I am nothing if not committed to improving my technique and getting better results so I will keep you posted.

I think that the secret might be cardio and a lot of it, which makes me think that the intermediate level programme is the one I should have started from the beginning. But I am going to give this until the end of week 8 then take a week off before undertaking the intermediate programme!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you haven't gave up on this programme, was looking forward to see how it ended. I was wanting to try this myself, good luck if you continue to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belshaw, the program is awesome. I'm in week 5 right now and seeing great results. It's hard but not impossible. In order to make it work, you have to get after it and stick to it. Absolutely try it, you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree! Not given up, just didn't have time to write up the last 2 weeks! Back on it after a two week break! Intermediate level this time! Good luck folks!

    ReplyDelete