Thursday 8 March 2012

Day 4

When I watched the first 5 minutes of todays workout, I felt like it was my Birthday! I have never been so relieved. I just thought, yeah, a wee stretch! Just what I need.

I had a good day at work, kept myself well organised with food and timing and actually took the correct outfit today too which was a great bonus although, I really need to sort out some better socks, the stretchy ones aren't as good as the fluffy ones at all.

Started off with a wee bit of cardio, ran a few kilometers and then when I felt like my heartrate was leaving zone 3 I moved to a rower and got really bored really quickly so then I moved to the crosstrainer while I waited on someone pissing about a bike.

One of the biggest frustrations for me in the gym is people who don't really push themselves. Sitting on a bike for 35 mins and travelling a grand total of 8km doesn't qualify as exercise in my opinion, at least not for a someone in their 20's.... so go home and stop making me wait til you get finished! Rant over.

So after a bit of recumbent cycling, as the upright is still broken, I have to endure another work out. I only say endure because my left shoulder and arm have have had enough lateral planks and push ups to last a life time, but I will live. Besides if you want to be a champion, you have to train like one! Finally, after nearly an hour of messing about on the cardio, I get on to the stretching. It was great. Mainly because I am quite flexible after years of yoga, but also because GSP is not very flexible at all and Erik was giving him a hard time! It felt nice being the one that could do stuff for a change.  By the end of the workout I felt nice and loose and best of all totally relaxed! This felt like I won a prize after what has been a tough week.

Tomorrow is when things start getting difficult. Life will be getting in the way and this is where I will struggle to schedule my workout, so I am going to work early to do it before I start the day. Tomorrow I need to be up promptly and not mess about. This is a slightly different challenge for me and in some ways its much bigger! So I better get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment