Sunday 11 March 2012

Day 6 - Not what I would call a bonus DVD!

Being back home for the weekend was potentially going to be a massive risk to my Rushfit plan. But I planned ahead and made the most of it. Not having access to a gym was going to be difficult, especially as Day 6 is a cardio day but a wee run outside did the trick.

I can't lie, I didn't do 30 mins, I did about 24 but that was because I ran quicker than planned. I don't want anyone thinking that I was sprinting down Byres Road or anything though, as I jogged the distance between my flat and my boyfriends flat, he walked along side me. He is however much taller than I am and I struggle to keep up with his normal walking pace. Despite some rather strange glances from the people we passed on the street, it was nice.

Then came the second of the two bonus DVD's. This is where the fun stops and I think the word bonus has been used fraudulently. A bonus is normally something that is good. This was not. What followed was the most gruelling 30 mins of Rushfit I have experienced to date. The exercises were really really difficult and by the end of it I was fit to collapse.

I struggled with the gorilla squats, the alligator crawl and the donkey kicks and then the thing where you do press ups but you move side to side crossing your hand over and under instead of going up and down took me to new levels of pain and exhaustion.

On completion of the DVD I sat down and had a wee cry it was so awful. But I finished it. And the next time will be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment