Monday 19 March 2012

Hardcore... or just a bit daft?

Okay so despite the pain, the advice and the tape Rushfit day 15 is complete!!!! Yay... Or rather ouch! And I know I shouldn't say this but I'm kinda getting into the burpees, how messed up is that!?!

It's all in the technique and as long as you split it up into all the components and take your time... It's not that bad! Really it's not!

I am not entirely mental, for the most part I did have to adapt myself to the workout a bit on account of occasional shooting pains. So I dare say this this made it safer yet a lot less effective, but it gave me a good chance to take my time over the moves and really improve the technique. Although the weights were a good bit lighter than last week, getting the technique correct meant I am now going to be a good bit more effective.

A lot more of the press ups were on my knees too which was frustrating but it gave me a chance to pay more attention to my legs and I think its direct affected my burpees as my legs are doing more of the work than when my arm wasn't sore and it got easier!

But after feeling like I half assed it a bit I left the gym only to refer to tomorrow as a rest day... "because it's only cardio!" And it's true, I now see 30 minutes of mid level cardio as a REST! This represents a massive change in mindset for me and it's extremely motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment