Tuesday 6 March 2012

Day 2 - A little bit of Cardio

Well I didn't ever think that this was going to be easy but it's day 2 and I am having serious doubts about my ability to go another 58 days and I hate myself for it!

Today was a shock to the system. Woke up sore, was really busy all day, didn't eat enough of the right stuff and was hitting the wall mid way through the warm up tonight. This does not bode well for me, but this is why I started the blog. No going back.

So what am I going to do about it? Well first things first, no more damned Chablis, that's for sure. There is no point walking the path of failure at this stage of the game or else I won't achieve my goal.

Next thing is that I need to understand the nutrition element properly. I have always become somewhat confused about what constitues a Carb and this is where everything unravels. I didn't eat nearly enough of the things to give me energy for this evenings cardio session and I felt like I was counting the seconds for the full time! 

I am wondering if I am just making up excuses though, all of the things that put me off today were as follows:
- I was achey from yesterday and my pressups were rubbish! 
- I was not wearing the correct gym outfit, I have one, its my favourite, its Nike Dryfit or something and its comfy. The outfit I wore today made me feel too hot and the top kept riding up and was too low cut. 
- I was not wearing the correct socks. I wasn't wearing sports socks so my feet felt funny in my trainers and I didn't really like it.
- My trainers are a bit past their best. 
- The bike in the gym that I usually use is broken, there is only the sit back, feet up one and that's just odd, it will probably take weeks to fix.
- My new braces are horrible when I am doing cardio as I am breathing through my mouth and they get really dry and sharp. (Why a 29 year old has braces is a whole other story.)
- My back started to feel not strained and not sore but just uncomfortable during the rowing element of the workout, what if hurt myself?
- I am worried that I am going to get really muscley in the knee area, which is bad as I already have big knees.

I think this is about it and some of the points are valid so what am I going to do about it? 

- On day 11 I am going to buy some new outfits. (Happily, day 11 and pay day are one in the same).
- I am going to eat properly.
- I am going to talk to the people in the gym when I can't do something. Lora is really friendly and approachable, which is so important for someone who works in a gym.
- I am going to see a physio once a week to make sure that my spine is in good shape.
- I will make sure I re read the Rushfit Nutrition guide again and again until it makes sense.

The rest, I am going to forget about as they are not important and I might just be being dramatic. 

Anyway I just need to man the hell up and get on with this, I just wonder, what would George do? 

Day 3 might be better... 

No comments:

Post a Comment