Friday 28 December 2012

No pain no gain! Day 2

I woke up this morning and I felt like I had been thrown down a flight of stairs! Every muscle in my body aches! And it feels so good!

The last couple of times I did Rushfit and got to week 7 and 8 I remember not really feeling it the next day, mainly because I was over training and a bit injured and not eating properly, but also because I was going through the motions of the exercises and not feeling it the next day. This is because it's all in the technique. The importance of engaging the correct muscles in the correct ways is easily forgotten when you are on the 40th day of a work out programme.

Other than technique, the next thing to focus on is stretching after the workout. I used to teach yoga about ten years ago so I know the importance of a good stretch. As much as I love the Rushfit programme, the cool down is the bare minimum for stretching and it's important to listen to your body to know which muscle groups you need to concentrate on after your work out.

My other consideration today is nutrition. I am worried about not having the correct fuel for my body because the last time, you may recall that it did not go well for me. I do not want to repeat that and I want to make sure that my body has what it needs to repair itself between workouts. As I already have calcification in a few of my tendons, I need to be vary careful on the supplement front. But I will be heading out today to see what I need to stock up on.

As for today's workout, it's all a bit of a blur. I can't remember 2 or the first 3 rounds and quite enjoyed round 4 but round 5, a,ways has been and still is a mystery for me. There are very few things I don't think I will ever achieve in life, a sit through is definitely on of them. Either I don't have the upper body strength or my arms are not long enough, even the hand boost position doesn't work for me. But overall, I was just glad to get it over with as the first week a,ways is the hardest. 

2 down... Only 54 to go!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting journey! I enjoyed your post. What have you scored recently on the GSP RushFit Assessment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS check this out: http://www.13fortaylor.com/9-25-13-gsp-is-legit/

    taking it to the next level my friend!

    ReplyDelete