Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Beginning of Rush Fit

A couple of years ago I was at my best ever level of fitness ever and it was amazing, it felt absolutely great and I enjoyed working out with an incredible personal trainer, Ross Park, most days. Then I underwent an operation that would leave me with scar tissue on the muscles around my eye and you become very quickly aware that even leaning forward to empty the dishwasher was really really sore.

I was not allowed to exercise for a month and this included even cycling and swimming but even my feet hitting the pavement on a gentle walk caused so much pain that I accepted it and hoped for a quick recovery. As I slowly got better, I got more and more out of shape and tried sporadically to go back to the gym, but press ups, planks and anything with weight attached would make the eye flare up and it really undermined my confidence.

Then I got a job in London.... see London Town Blues and things really did go downhill. I was out most nights, drinking and eating and without a nice kitchen to prepare meals in I got more out of shape. Next week it will be a year since I moved to London and now I am going to undo the damage I have to myself and my self confidence with my lack of discipline.

This blog will follow me through the next 8 weeks of RushFit and getting a bit closer to the old me!

No comments:

Post a Comment