Tuesday 13 March 2012

Nutrition Confusion

So for the last 9 days I have been thinking about food a lot and wondering what I should eat. Yesterday I didn't eat enough calories because I just didn't have the right foods around me and I was worried I would do something wrong.

Having taken advice from the work Nutritionist, I feel a little bit more informed and ready to manage the dietary elements of this whole thing a bit better. He has weighed me and taken my body fat percentage and I will go back and see him every Tuesday lunchtime with a food diary that we will talk about.

In the meantime here are some fun facts I learned today:

1. Cheese is good for you when you eat it with salad, even hard cheese, but not when eaten on its own!
2. Fruits, while good for you in moderation, convert to sugar so it's best not to overdo it!
3. Banana is a complex carb!
4. The more green the banana the more complex carb it is, the more brown spots it has the quicker it converts to sugar in your blood!
5. Fruits that are indigenous to the country you live in are much better for you, as you will have the enzymes needed to break them down most effectively!!!

Hey, every day is a school day!

No comments:

Post a Comment