Wednesday 11 April 2012

Easter Hols

Well it turns out that too much of a good thing can be bad for you and as a result I got some tendonitis and had to rest myself for a few days to get past it. The recommendation was 1 week, but I decided 4 days would be plenty and finally got back to Rushfit on Tuesday.

Another problem is that despitew planning to lose weight I am putting it on. Fair enough I am Reducing my body fat but I am feeling too chunky in the thighs and shoulders.... Probably because of all the pressups and squats.

In response, I have talked tommy nutritionist and am now doing a low carb diet and increasing cardio. I will also be skipping a few exercises from Rushfit to ease off the joints. Anything that puts too much pressure on my knees or shoulders is being reduced by about 20 percent to ensure I don't enrage the tendonitis.

Despite the aches and pains, it felt incredible to get back to working out, 4 days off was just rubbish and it's amazing how thenlethargysinks in. I have also learned that pineapple has stuff in it that is really good for joint inflammation and tomatoes, peppers and potatoes are really bad for joint inflammation.

I am gutted I have failed to complete the programme in the way that was intended so I have decided to repeat week 5 and complete Rushfit in 9 weeks. But I am concerned that I should be adding an additional week 5 as punishment. But I have been assured that continuing would have caused more harm than good.

Onwards and upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment